Cetco Super Thin is a highly concentrated additive engineered to reduce drilling fluid viscosity, assist in settling solids, or disperse the filter cake created by a bentonite drilling fluid. It offers immediate thinning action, reduces gel strength, and is more cost-effective than traditional thinners. Cetco Super Thin is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60, Drinking Water Treatment Chemicals – Health Effects.
Designed to reduce viscosity and gel strength. SUPER THIN promotes wall cake breakdown and aids in well completion by breaking up accumulated clays.
- Functions at all pH levels
- Immediate thinning action
- More cost-effective than traditional thinners
- Non-toxic and no heavy metal content
- Reduces gel strength to drop out solids
- Thermally stable in excess of 350 °F
MIXING AND APPLICATION
Drilling Fluid Thinner: 2 pints per 100 gallons drilling fluid.
Development Aid: 2-4 gallons pumped into well intake area will promote break-up of wall cake. The well shall be properly flushed and drained before being placed in service.
1. When using SUPER THIN as a mud thinner the product is added directly to the bentonite slurry through the mixing hopper, or at the discharge line or directly into the tank. Additive amounts may vary from 1 – 2 pints per 100 gallons of bentonite slurry based on the amount of bentonite in the mud slurry and the desired effect or purpose.
2. When used as a well development aid SUPER THIN is spotted at the well screen zone as a pill of 2 – 4 gallons placed with freshwater to the zone. Well development can be augmented with mechanical energy and should take place over a period of at least 4 hours.
3. SUPER THIN can normally be washed from the well using normal development techniques using chlorine as a disinfectant at a rate of 1 part/1,000, with air sparging or with pump-method development.
4. Properly flushed and drained describes well development process which causes a condition in which the well water is found to be at the natural, normal pH and mineralization, free of drilling fluid and free of any other contamination that may have been introduced into the aquifer during the drilling or well construction process. The duration of this well development process must be determined by the well driller based on the aquifer conditions and the well drilling and construction process that may vary widely with each well and in each different geographic and geologic region.
45 lb pail, 32 per pallet. All pallets are plastic-wrapped.
CETCO provides high-performing products worldwide across a broad range of construction projects, including bentonite-based waterproofing for underground structures and drilling applications including foundation, slurry wall, tunneling, water well, and horizontal drilling. It also provides industry leading environmental solutions for containment and remediation of pollutants, including groundwater treatment, solidification and stabilization, and sediment remediation for commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. CETCO is the world-leading supplier of state-of-the-art Geosynthetic Clay Liner (GCL) technologies, like its Resistex® line, for industrial, hazardous and municipal solid waste landfills, mining sites, and for containment of challenging residues such as coal ash from coal-fired electrical generation and red mud from alumina processing.
Cetco Drilling Products is a division of CETCO, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Minerals Technologies Inc. Offering a wide assortment of high quality bentonite drilling fluids, grouts, sealants, polymers, and additives, CETCO can help maximize your drilling efficiency and meet your needs in the field. Our complete line of professional products are specially designed to enhance the cost-effectiveness of drilling operations by controlling and improving drilling fluid properties. Each and every drilling product is supported by our experienced team of field engineers and research
CETCO is committed to bringing you innovative, costeffective products that go beyond merely meeting your needs for all drilling related markets. We are dedicated to providing our customers the newest solutions in drilling product technology.
DISCLAIMER: If ordering less than a pallet, call for availability 918-895-6759. (Standard Pallet size is 48 count per pallet, with some exceptions.)