- FOAMER ES is a non alcohol-based foam used for diamond and rotary drilling.
- FOAMER ES provides and environmentally acceptable foaming agent to be used in mineral exploration, oil and gas exploration and water well drilling operations.
- Has an excellent half-life comparable to the leading foams on the market.
- Gives an immediate tight foam with good lifting characteristics.
- Can be enhanced by the addition of Matex Hole Control or Ultravis to create significantly stiffer foam if required.
Below is a biodegradability chart comparing FOAMER ES to a common foaming agent. The biodegradability of the FOAMER ES is 99.9% after 2 to 3 days. The second point to consider is that the other component besides the one of the MSDS is water.
Shake Flask Evaluation of the Biodegradability
|SDA C, LAS (Standard)||94.0|
Normal Drilling Conditions: 0.5% – 1.0% by volume Excessive Water Influx: 2.0% – 3.0% by volume
Dosages will depend on chemical make-up of the drilling water, volume of water used, and the depth of the hole.
Control Chemical (1989) Corporation has been a manufacturer of high-performance drilling fluid systems and proprietary vegetable oil lubricants under the Matex brand name for over 25 years. Originating from an initial facility of 6,000 square feet., the Matex products are now manufactured in a modern plant of 50,000 square feet. In 2010 and 2011 over $800,000.00 was invested in plant upgrades to increase production and manufacturing efficiency, along with their commitment to plant and employee safety programs.
The Matex products include downhole lubricants, specialty polymers, foams, tool lubricants, blast hole stabilizers, thread compounds, and non-alcohol environmentally safe freeze control fluids. These products are used for diamond drilling, horizontal directional drilling, rotary and percussive drilling.