Matex Torqueless is an Environmentally Safe Torque and Frictional Drag Reducing Lubricant for Both Vertical and Horizontal Oil and Gas Wells
- Based on a unique vegetable oil technology that does not rely on formation damaging surfactants. (Contact Control Chemical for information on AMOCO report).
- Can be safely used for “spread while drilling” disposal. (Test data available).
- Creates a lubricating film on the drill string, resistant to corrosion and extreme pressures without foaming or blocking shaker screens.
- Is compatible with various mud systems including inverts and salt water
- Reduces drilling cost / foot
- Increases penetration rate
- Opens more pay zone by extending reaches in lateral sections
- No cost for extra chemicals (i.e. defoamers)
- Does not affect rheology
- Acts as an inhibitor
- Reduces differential sticking
Dosage depends on what stage of drilling operation the product is introduced.
Control Chemical (1989) Corporation has been a manufacturer of high-performance drilling fluid systems and proprietary vegetable oil lubricants under the Matex brand name for over 25 years. Originating from an initial facility of 6,000 square feet., the Matex products are now manufactured in a modern plant of 50,000 square feet. In 2010 and 2011 over $800,000.00 was invested in plant upgrades to increase production and manufacturing efficiency, along with their commitment to plant and employee safety programs.
The Matex products include downhole lubricants, specialty polymers, foams, tool lubricants, blast hole stabilizers, thread compounds, and non-alcohol environmentally safe freeze control fluids. These products are used for diamond drilling, horizontal directional drilling, rotary and percussive drilling.