Matex DD 2000 is an environmentally safe dry powdered polymer. Matex DD 2000 is mixed with Torqueless and water to create a very high viscosity drilling fluid used for removal of cuttings and continuous borehole wall conditioning.
- An environmentally safe, very high molecular weight, powdered viscosifier that can be used in either fresh or brine water.
- Imparts excellent viscosity yield. It is a superior product for borehole stabilization and encapsulation of solids.
- Is effective in drilling conditions where borehole temperatures exceed 150° F.
- Rreduces transportation costs for drilling because of its concentrated nature.
- Combined with Torqueless enhances your core recovery and penetration rates
DD 2000 should always be premixed with TORQUELESS, the recommended ratio is one part DD 2000 to two parts TORQUELESS. The DD 2000 premix is then introduced into the mixing system with water.
The recommended dosage of DD 2000 is from;
1-2 litres per 1000 litres of water.
1-2 quarts per 250 gallons of water.
Control Chemical (1989) Corporation has been a manufacturer of high-performance drilling fluid systems and proprietary vegetable oil lubricants under the Matex brand name for over 25 years. Originating from an initial facility of 6,000 square feet., the Matex products are now manufactured in a modern plant of 50,000 square feet. In 2010 and 2011 over $800,000.00 was invested in plant upgrades to increase production and manufacturing efficiency, along with their commitment to plant and employee safety programs.
The Matex products include downhole lubricants, specialty polymers, foams, tool lubricants, blast hole stabilizers, thread compounds, and non-alcohol environmentally safe freeze control fluids. These products are used for diamond drilling, horizontal directional drilling, rotary and percussive drilling.