Matex Hole Coat Polymer is a High-Tech Liquid Polymer Viscosifier and Fluid Loss Control Product.
- HOLE COAT is used to coat your bore hole.
- HOLE COAT is a highly concentrated product that rapidly develops into a very high viscosity fluid when mixed with water.
- HOLE COAT provides viscosity yields 40-50% greater than conventional liquid polymers, and can be used in fresh or brine water.
- HOLE COAT is an excellent inhibitor against shales, clays, fractured zones, sand and blocky formations, and contaminants.
- HOLE COAT is resistant to viscosity change under high water temperature conditions.
- HOLE COAT reduces wear rate on head of slide guides when used with Torqueless HDD.
- HOLE COAT has superior shear resistant properties.
Recommended mixture of Matex Hole Coat Polymer would be 1 liter of product per 1000 litres of water (1 quart – 250 gallons) depending on water conditions. More can be added at any time when higher viscosity is required.
Control Chemical (1989) Corporation has been a manufacturer of high-performance drilling fluid systems and proprietary vegetable oil lubricants under the Matex brand name for over 25 years. Originating from an initial facility of 6,000 square feet., the Matex products are now manufactured in a modern plant of 50,000 square feet. In 2010 and 2011 over $800,000.00 was invested in plant upgrades to increase production and manufacturing efficiency, along with their commitment to plant and employee safety programs.
The Matex products include downhole lubricants, specialty polymers, foams, tool lubricants, blast hole stabilizers, thread compounds, and non-alcohol environmentally safe freeze control fluids. These products are used for diamond drilling, horizontal directional drilling, rotary and percussive drilling.