ES Thread Compound is an Environmentally Safe Vegetable Oil Based Replacement for the Present Pipe Dopes that Contain Heavy Metals and Petroleum Carriers.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES’s unique formulation provides excellent protection against thread wear, galling and seizing for tool joints, drill collars and rotary shouldered connections.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES is free of both petroleum oil carriers and all heavy metals, such as lead, zinc, copper, aluminum, etc.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES is highly resistant to water wash off.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES is ideal for mineral exploration drilling projects where samples uncontaminated by heavy metals are required, and groundwater contamination is of concern to the mining company.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES should be a preferred thread compound for all drilling applications including water wells etc.
- THREAD COMPOUND ES protects inner and outer connections on reverse circulation drill pipe (inner o-rings and thread connections).
|Penetration at 25 °C, 0,1 mm||ASTM-D 217||295/340|
For specific information, or difficult drilling conditions, please contact Drilling Equipment Resources.
Control Chemical (1989) Corporation has been a manufacturer of high-performance drilling fluid systems and proprietary vegetable oil lubricants under the Matex brand name for over 25 years. Originating from an initial facility of 6,000 square feet., the Matex products are now manufactured in a modern plant of 50,000 square feet. In 2010 and 2011 over $800,000.00 was invested in plant upgrades to increase production and manufacturing efficiency, along with their commitment to plant and employee safety programs.
The Matex products include downhole lubricants, specialty polymers, foams, tool lubricants, blast hole stabilizers, thread compounds, and non-alcohol environmentally safe freeze control fluids. These products are used for diamond drilling, horizontal directional drilling, rotary and percussive drilling.